picture

picture

lauantai 4. tammikuuta 2014

Japanese Indigo, dyeing and すくも("sukumo") [PART 1]

So today, after I finished my other post^^' I checked my email and found an email from my aunt~ I had promised to search and help to find an information for her about if it would be possible to buy seeds or "sukumo" of the plant called Japanese Indigo (日本の藍) in Japan. Apparently the "Indigo" means "ai" in kanjis that stands for love.

I started looking randomly, so that I could get a hang of it~ And this is what I found out:

  1. 藍染 "aizome" = Indigo dyeing
  2. "Dye House Tereya", when u start looking u will probably find this first too. The person named Teresa Kobayashi and his husband keep a cafe called "Tereya Cafe" in the Okayama-prefecture in Japan, in the city called Setouchi.
  3. Teresa mentions on her blog-post that the place called 青藍庭 ("Blue Indigo Garden") is "a sukumo making company in Tokushima which is basically the center for Indigo in Japan.". Thought the page is only in Japanese and not that good, so I was not able to interpret it yet..^^' So with the japanese page..to be continued~ XD
The map of places.. T.T

Let's see if I found out anything else :) But, now I'm gonna go to eat something~

All the best,
Laura

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti