picture

picture

torstai 10. syyskuuta 2015

Finnish Summer day in August


안녕~ September is here! Again~ University live is puffing along ahead with the new semester and courses that need to be completed and I have settled once again to Turku to my comfy student life:)  even took part in one of the academic year's opening parties with some old friends of mine that I started the university life with, a LONG time ago:D It was nice seeing them and catch up with everyone~ Even the weather has been pretty warm recently considering we (well, I^^) live in the northern part of the Europe~

The pre-party for the academic year's opening parties^^


But in the beginning of this wonderful  autumn-semester, I want to show u guys how I spent my August and what exactly, for me at least, a real Finnish summer looks like^^
Couple weeks ago I visited my grandma's and grandpa's home with my family:) They grow a variety of plants from flowers to vegetables near Tampere and we got to spend a lovely summery day in this beautiful garden^^ Also the meal was superb<3


The starters~


Karelian pies and egg butter, very Finnish^^


Different kind of veggies for dipping


I'm really sorry, I forgot the name of this dish (BUT, I'll find it out somehow^^ don't worry~)


same goes with this... (but it was REALLY delicious T.T)


...and this one (of course I know it's a cake but~ :D)

A little bit of courtyards and the house:)

Mother's day's rose ("Äitienpäiväruusu")

Day-lily, Pink Damask

Sundrops ("Kultahelokki")

Asian lily, Grand Gru

Phlox ("Syysleimu")

Phlox, ("Kiiltoleimu")

Pergola's bunch rose ("Pergolan tertturuusu")


Traditional Finnish berries (I think every Finnish person has at least eaten them maybe even grown them in their backyards^^):

Gooseberry ("Karviainen")

Raspberry ("Vadelma")

Redcurrant ("Punaherukka/ Punaviinimarja")

Blackcurrant ("Mustaherukka/ Mustaviinimarja")

Whitecurrant ("Valkoherukka/ Valkoviinimarja")

Corn ("Maissi")

a certain type of cucumber^^ ("Avomaankurkku")

Grape ("Viinirypäle")

Apples~ ("Omenat")

Pear ("Päärynä")

It was a really good summery day in the countryside<3 Thank you very much:)

Me and my little sister Noora

Our aunt's newest dog "Roope" (Spanish Water Dog)

Our "Tinka" enjoying the sun (Kooikerhondje)

"Roope" having fun~

Anything else~~

Washed my horse, though she wasn't so happy about it.. Don't know which one of us was more wet afterwards^^'

Ordered Korean language books from the internet (G-market) with my sis:) Now, it's going to be some serious studying!

Lately I have been totally obsessed with the drama series called "Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries" <3 They started running it on TV this summer, every weekday at 5.pm^^ and because I also love "Miss Marple" and "Hercule Poirot", so it wasn't that hard to guess I would fall in love with this one as well~ :)
The sad part is, it only had 3 seasons and so now, when it had ended.. I have to find another series to watch T.T
But^^ couple days (well, more like a month or so~) ago, my sister found this series called "The Bletchley Circle" from Netflix that we started to watch:) And for now, it's pretty good I have to say~

My best friend made these for her picnic with EatYourKimchi-youtubers who visited Finland last weekend~ Very yummy<3

Last Thursday at work this summer.. and a lot of post^^'

That's all, for the summery side of Finland, for now:) Next one is probably going to be about my university life and all so^^

All The Best,
Laura

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti