picture

picture

perjantai 10. kesäkuuta 2016

Throwback post: First day - Busan tour (4.1.2016)

Our day started by greetings with the vice-president/principal of the University of Pusan, of which I was really nervous about because my korean wasn't at the level of doing more than a small (really small!) small-talk^^' But it went pretty okay, and after that the university had arranged some students to guide us around Busan trough-out the day~

Next to the main gate of the University of Pusan, there was an ahjumma who sells these really good sandwiches (a little spicy for me though^^') <3 and so, even though.. well I kinda had breakfast already, BUT when you are offered free food..^^' you know me~^^' Really worth tasting though!

My sandwich <3 I got really full while eating.. and so..actually, couldn't even finish it^^' 아깝다..

The 1st stop: Jogyemun Gate of Beomeosa Temple (조계문, 범어사), Korean Cultural Heritage

The main gate was so amazing! All the decorations were engraved by hand, very pretty~

Us listening about the history and the meaning behind the gate.. well actually, it was all (of course) in korean so I wasn't always so sure what the guide was talking about^^' but I tried my best and for me it was a great experience. (c)이솔

Me and Eeva [at 普濟樓/ 보제루(read from right to left)] (c)이솔

The lanterns were so cute, so ended up taking a lot of pictures of them..^^'

going back to the car~


2nd stop: Gwangalli beach

We went around looking for a nice fish-restaurant (the point was that we could have been able to choose the fish first and then the restaurant would cook it for us~), but well.. finally ended up walking to the nearest one at the moment (without the possibility of choosing the fish^^'), because we got hungry and so~ The restaurant was pretty nice and right next to the Gwangalli beach, so the view was awesome <3
And just so u guys know, I took some pictures from different fish-markets too, but because of the sad and somewhat painful feeling I got after seeing the fish markets, didn't want to post any pictures :S [In short, the point was that the fishes were kept in these tiny buckets without changing the water so they kind of languished to death.. not nice.]

The Gwangalli beach

...even though it was the 4th of January the temperature was +16 and so..the beach made me feel like summer-time^^

the famous Fish sculpture next to the Gwangalli beach~

The streets reminded me of LA (from the tv of course:D) or something~ haha well at least for me (who has never actually been to LA;D)

3rd stop: the sashimi restaurant [called: 칠성횟집]

Sashimi (생선회) <3

Some-kind of Jjigae, a pot dish (Can't remember the name but^^') 

foodfoodfood <3 I'm really bad with the names, but promise to check them as soon as I can~

The view from the restaurant was amazing~

4th stop: The Nurimaru APEC house, Dongbaekseom Island & Haeundae beach

The Nurimaru APEC house (누리마루 APEC하우스) that we passed while walking to the beach. The meaning of the name is pretty much: "a house where the world summits gather together for an APEC meeting".

Eeva, me and our tour-guides: 태영 and 이솔^^ (c)이솔

Beautiful Dongbaekseom Island (동백섬). It used to be an island but it's now part of the mainland~

Little mermaid statue at the dongbaekseom island.

Haeundae beach (for me, I liked this beach better^^ not sure why but just did~ <3)

After eating and walking we needed some coffee <3 so made a stop at the Tom N Toms coffee~

At the cafe, me, Eeva and 이솔 (c)이솔

For my surprise, there was an ice-ring right at the Haeundae beach O.o And it was +16!! For someone like me (a Finn) it felt somewhat awkward..but well^^'



4th stop: The Jagalchi market (자갈치시장), the old part of Busan and the Busan tower

I love to take pictures of the buildings (especially tall, glass building) <3 Maybe because we don't have much of them in Finland^^' so pretty~

The Jagalchi market~

Streetfood <3 There was a non'spicy options as well (which I of course choose, while Eeva and others took the more spicy ones^^')

Shopping-street near Busan tower

Our trip was right after Christmas so of course there were still a lot of Christmas-decorations all around^^

Busan tower~ We didn't go to the observation deck because it was already late and it cost some (not much but~), but luckily the view of the city from the base of the tower was also pretty good:) 

The view from the "mountain-road" when we were heading back~ Beautiful Busan <3

Of course we ahd to eat one more time (late dinner) ;) and oh-boy it was A LOT food <3

After we got "home" = to the dorms we stayed at for the couple of nights while in Busan, we said good-byes to our guides (and thank you 'cause at least for me the day and the Busan-tour had been so awesome and I got to visit so many places at one day! O.o <3) and headed to our rooms~ WELL~ for an hour or so^^ ..but because we didn't have much time to hang-out with Annika and Ida in Busan (and because Eeva was leaving to China after this so I was the only-one meeting this wonderful girls even in Seoul >.<) we decided to garb our coats and spontaneously (so NOT like me at all btw :P) took the next metro to downtown where we found a nice bar and sat for an hour or so~ of course eating and drinking:) AND even though the campus of the University of Busan is kind of far a way from "the city" it self, it took only about 30-40 minutes all-in-all^^

Our snacks of the evening <3

The last photo of us together <3 So sad TT.TT bye-bye our precious time together in Korea~
(Annika, me, Eeva and Ida)

Aaaand that was all for the day^^ well, we did do some more amazing and excited stuff at Busan for the next few days but as u can see, I'm already PRETTY late^^' with this one so gonna make them in one and post it as soon as I can~

Until then<3
All the best,
Laura

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti